Autor wątku: Erika Dobbs
Erika Dobbs
Erika Dobbs  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:57
angielski > litewski
+ ...
Jul 22, 2005

Hi,

I have Word Fast 5.0j and need to convert WordFast .txt memory into .tmx. format. How do I do it? I found some directions in different forums but can not find these functions in my version of WordFast.

Thanks,

Erika

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 16:57
angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
http://www.proz.com/topic/34953 Jul 22, 2005

Hi Erika,

I'm not sure about your version, but I would suggest to update to the latest anyway.

Have a look at this thread, only from this morning: http://www.proz.com/topic/34953

Cheers,
Grace.

Erika Dobbs
angielski > litewski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
can not find functions in my version Jul 22, 2005

Graciela Carlyle wrote:

Hi Erika,

I'm not sure about your version, but I would suggest to update to the latest anyway.

Have a look at this thread, only from this morning: http://www.proz.com/topic/34953

Cheers,
Grace.

I am probably crazy ;0) but I looked at http://www.proz.com/topic/34953 and I can not find any of the functions indicated in my WordFast e.g., "Export to TMX", "Special filters", TM Editor,

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 16:57
angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
"Export to TMX", "Special filters", "TM Editor" Jul 22, 2005

I haven't got your version at hand now, but I'm sure the TM editor icon was present since early version 5.0. It's the last but one, next to the "f" that opens the main Wordfast menu.

Anyway, among other things, the TM editor has had several improvements since your version, that's why I recommend to update.
You only need to download it and drop wordfast.dot in the same folder as the old one (first rename the old one as ".do1" in case for any reason you need to go back to it).... See more
I haven't got your version at hand now, but I'm sure the TM editor icon was present since early version 5.0. It's the last but one, next to the "f" that opens the main Wordfast menu.

Anyway, among other things, the TM editor has had several improvements since your version, that's why I recommend to update.
You only need to download it and drop wordfast.dot in the same folder as the old one (first rename the old one as ".do1" in case for any reason you need to go back to it).

"Export to TMX" is in the 2nd, greyed, box that appears in Special filters.

Cheers,
Grace.

[Edited at 2005-07-22 15:29]
Collapse

Erika Dobbs
angielski > litewski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
TMX Jul 22, 2005

Graciela Carlyle wrote:

You only need to download it and drop wordfast.dot in the same folder as the old one (first rename the old one as ".do1" in case for any reason you need to go back to it).

"Export to TMX" is in the 2nd, greyed, box that appears in Special filters.

Cheers,
Grace.

[Edited at 2005-07-22 15:29]

Graciela,

Thank you! I found everything and converted my TM.

Erika

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlandia
Local time: 18:57
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

fiński > niemiecki
+ ...
Bit sloppy programming Jul 22, 2005

I had difficulties too locating the selector for the filters. There should be a default text like "select filter here".
Hope Yves gets around this too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

converting .txt into .tmx

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »