Elena Pavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:07
Członek ProZ.com
od 2005

francuski > włoski
+ ...
Oct 14, 2005

Hi everybody.
I used to work with Wordfast 4. After some problems with my computer, I had to reinstall Wordfast again and I chose 5.1e. In the meantime I also installed Kasperski Antivirus Personal Pro.
Will, I am having a lot of problems with my Wordfast. I have do disactivate Kasperski's protection against Macros in order to change my translation memory in Wordfast, otherwise it does not work and I have a message error runtime.
Did anybody had the same problem? Does it come
... See more
Hi everybody.
I used to work with Wordfast 4. After some problems with my computer, I had to reinstall Wordfast again and I chose 5.1e. In the meantime I also installed Kasperski Antivirus Personal Pro.
Will, I am having a lot of problems with my Wordfast. I have do disactivate Kasperski's protection against Macros in order to change my translation memory in Wordfast, otherwise it does not work and I have a message error runtime.
Did anybody had the same problem? Does it come from the new version of Wordfast or do you think it is a problem of compliance between Kasperski and Wordfast?
Thank you anybody in advance!
Collapse

Ferenc Horvath
Ferenc Horvath
angielski > węgierski
Wordfast and Anti-virus applications Oct 14, 2005

The Wordfast manual clearly states the following:
"Wordfast is entirely written in Ms-Word macro language, and if your network administrator, or your antivirus, refuses the installation of any macro-based program, then running Wordfast is impossible."

Besides, thoroughly read the Manual and you will find answer toyour problem.

Frank

Elena Pavan wrote:

Hi everybody.
Did anybody had the same problem? Does it come from the new version of Wordfast or do you think it is a problem of compliance between Kasperski and Wordfast?
Thank you anybody in advance!

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Niemcy
angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
Define an exception Oct 14, 2005

Hi,

I just downloaded Kaspersky a couple of days ago, I am therefore not very familiar with this program.

However, as with every anti-virus application, you should be able to define "exceptions", i.e. software applications which are not scanned by your anti-virus software and not classified as harmful.

I am using the German software, and had a look at the settings. You should go to Threats and Exceptions (sorry, if these are not the right menu items; I just
... See more
Hi,

I just downloaded Kaspersky a couple of days ago, I am therefore not very familiar with this program.

However, as with every anti-virus application, you should be able to define "exceptions", i.e. software applications which are not scanned by your anti-virus software and not classified as harmful.

I am using the German software, and had a look at the settings. You should go to Threats and Exceptions (sorry, if these are not the right menu items; I just vaguely back-translated it) and choose an exception (choose wordfast.dot).

I don't know if that will work, you'll have to try.

HTH.

Regards

Sonja
Collapse

Subhamay Ray (X)
Subhamay Ray (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:37
angielski > bengalski
+ ...
Set macros protection to high speed Oct 14, 2005

Hello Elena,

Yes, I use both. I struggled for the first day or two and then discovered that only by setting the Macros "Protection Level Settings" in Kaspersky to "High Speed", my problem was solved. Please try it. I believe you won't need to disable the anti-virus while working with Wordfast.

Kind regards,

Subhamay

Elena Pavan
Elena Pavan  Identity Verified
Członek ProZ.com
od 2005

francuski > włoski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Thank you Oct 15, 2005

Subhamay Ray wrote:

Hello Elena,

Yes, I use both. I struggled for the first day or two and then discovered that only by setting the Macros "Protection Level Settings" in Kaspersky to "High Speed", my problem was solved. Please try it. I believe you won't need to disable the anti-virus while working with Wordfast.

Kind regards,

Subhamay

Thank you everybody!
I actually used to disactivated the micros and it worked. But your solution is better and it works!!!! Thank you again!

abiggers
abiggers
Local time: 12:07
angielski > francuski
How do you do that, please? Dec 9, 2006

Hello,

I have the same problem. Would you mind telling me how you changed the macros settings to High?

Thank you!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast and Kasperski

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »