how to translate ttx. files using WordFast
Autor wątku: Vadzim Yaskevich, PhD
Vadzim Yaskevich, PhD
Vadzim Yaskevich, PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:25
angielski > rosyjski
+ ...
Feb 17, 2007

I've downloaded TTXpress and converted ttx.
files into rtf.
I'd like to translate these rtf files using WordFast. But WordFast attempts to translate tags. Could anyone help me please ? Maybe someone faced the same problem and found a way out.

[Edited at 2007-02-17 09:58]

Jing Nie
Jing Nie
Chiny
Local time: 01:25
Członek ProZ.com
od 2011

angielski > chiński
+ ...
Delete all tags Feb 17, 2007

You may delete all tags in the RTF file, then translate them using WF. But it can not be converted back into TTX file.I remember that all tags are in "Courier New"font, you may search and delete all characters in "Courier New"font in MS WORD.

Your client may create a TM from the uncleaned word file. Then using the TM to translate the TTX file.

Vadzim Yaskevich, PhD wrote:

I've downloaded TTXpress and converted ttx.
files into rtf.
I'd like to translate these rtf files using WordFast. But WordFast attempts to translate tegs. Could anyone help me please ? Maybe someone faced the same problem and found a way out.

[Edited at 2007-02-17 01:26]

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
angielski > czeski
Wordfast forum Feb 17, 2007

Maybe someone faced the same problem and found a way out.

You can search Wordfast forum through Opensubscriber:

http://www.opensubscriber.com/search?q=TTX&c=161

Here are 54 mails to TTX topic.

Milan

Vadzim Yaskevich, PhD
angielski > rosyjski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
I need RTF files converted back into TTX files Feb 17, 2007

NieJing wrote:

You may delete all tags in the RTF file, then translate them using WF. But it can not be converted back into TTX file.

The thing is that I need RTF files converted back into TTX files.
Any more variants?

Jing Nie
Jing Nie
Chiny
Local time: 01:25
Członek ProZ.com
od 2011

angielski > chiński
+ ...
Maybe a Trados demo version is enough Feb 17, 2007

I just search the Proz forum, and found this. Maybe it is helpful.

http://hun.proz.com/topic/54346

Sonja mentioned a CAT tool called XLIFF Editor ( www.heartsome.net ) that handles TagEditor files. Heartsome offers trial versions of all their tools.

But I think if the ttx f
... See more
I just search the Proz forum, and found this. Maybe it is helpful.

http://hun.proz.com/topic/54346

Sonja mentioned a CAT tool called XLIFF Editor ( www.heartsome.net ) that handles TagEditor files. Heartsome offers trial versions of all their tools.

But I think if the ttx file is not too long, you may use a demo version of trados , and translate the ttx file directly in the trados.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Holandia
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

angielski > afrikaans
+ ...
Have you marked the tags with tw4winExternal? Feb 18, 2007

I've downloaded TTXpress and converted ttx files into rtf. I'd like to translate these rtf files using WordFast. But WordFast attempts to translate tags.

It's been a while since I used TTXpress, but it sounds to me like the RTF created by TTXpress doesn't have tw4win styles in it. You would need to mark the tags as tw4winExternal or tw4winInternal before starting the translation with Wordfast. See the appendixes of the Wordfast manual about how to do that (a quick read of the Tortoise Tagger user manual might also be enlightening).

Vadzim Yaskevich, PhD
angielski > rosyjski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
The Tags have tw4winExternal style Feb 18, 2007

Samuel Murray wrote:
It's been a while since I used TTXpress, but it sounds to me like the RTF created by TTXpress doesn't have tw4win styles in it. You would need to mark the tags as tw4winExternal or tw4winInternal before starting the translation with Wordfast.

The Tags have tw4winExternal style. Please have a look at
my printscreen uploaded at http://rapidshare.com/files/17083801/__________.GIF.html

[Edited at 2007-02-18 17:33]

Daniel García
Daniel García
angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
Those red tags are internal tags and part of the sentence Feb 18, 2007

Samuel Murray wrote:
It's been a while since I used TTXpress, but it sounds to me like the RTF created by TTXpress doesn't have tw4win styles in it. You would need to mark the tags as tw4winExternal or tw4winInternal before starting the translation with Wordfast.

The Tags have tw4winExternal style. Please have a look at
my printscreen uploaded at http://rapidshare.com/files/17083801/__________.GIF.html

[Edited at 2007-02-18 17:33]

Hi, Vadzim,

Those red tags are "internal tags". You have to place them in the right position in your sentence (which might not be the same as English).

It is a normal situation when translating this type of files.

I don't have the Wordfast manual at hand but have a look at it. I'm sure there is a clear explanation about internal tags.

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to translate ttx. files using WordFast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »