C03.1-Privacy & Confidentiality
Learn what to do to assure your clients that you truly understand their need for confidentiality and that privacy is of the outmost importance for you when offering translation and interpretation services. Apply specific techniques to guard the disclosure of information contained in your client’s original documents or conversations, and let your clients know you go the “extra mile” to guard their privacy.
Privacy and Confidentiality are cornerstone concepts in the translation and interpreting industry. In a world of electronic communication, individual translators and interpreters, as well as agencies, must be able to assure their clients that they are taking every action in their power to protect the privacy and confidentiality of their information and materials, especially in healthcare settings.
This 180-minute workshop presents a quick overview of the fundamentals of confidentiality in business and government, and provides easy and ready-to-use tools to ensure compliance with the basic requirements for online, financial and - especially - medical privacy.
Language Service Providers and/or their freelancers
Bilingual personnel working or aspiring to work in the healthcare industry
Cross-cultural communicators, interculturalists, as well as administrators and personnel who deal with or want to learn about Cultural Diversity in the workforce, specially (but not exclusively) in healthcare
"CLAS" Bundle 3 of 4
This workshop will guide the attendee to ensure the highest safe-keeping of clients’ confidential documentation and information, thus raising the level of professional appeal of their services. At the end of the workshop, the attendee will be able to feel comfortable about the steps they are taking - or need to take - to offer their clients the vital certainty of full confidentiality and privacy.
Click to expand
Virtual platform system requirements (click here to expand)
Click to expand
Virtual platform system requirements
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and payment information (click here to expand)
Click to expand
If I register will I be charged automatically?
No. Registering for the course means that you expressed interest in the training only. ProZ.com training session vacancies are limited, and minimum attendee confirmation is required in order for training sessions to be conducted, so be sure to book your seat as soon as possible.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Claudia Brauer View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.