ChatGPT: "ProZ.com jobs page needs significant visual and usability improvements" - Do you agree?
Autor wątku: Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Włochy
Local time: 14:10
Członek ProZ.com
od 2009

angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
Jul 17

ChatGPT after analysing the ProZ Jobs page, 17. July 2024 at 5:54 PM

Detailed Critique of Job Listing Layout:

Cluttered Appearance:
Problem: The layout feels cluttered due to the dense arrangement of job listings and the lack of adequate whitespace.
Solution: Increase the spacing between individual job listings to make the page feel less overwhelming. Group related information and use visual separators such as lines or boxes to distinguish between listings.

Information Overload:
Problem: Each job listing contains a lot of information, which can be overwhelming for users to scan quickly.
Solution: Prioritize the most important information (job title, company, location, date posted) and consider hiding less critical details behind expandable sections or tooltips. This way, users can choose to view more details if they are interested in a specific listing.

Visual Hierarchy:
Problem: There is a lack of clear visual hierarchy, making it difficult to quickly identify the most important elements of each listing.
Solution: Use typography (e.g., larger, bolder fonts for job titles), color, and spacing to create a clear hierarchy. Highlight key details like job titles and company names, and use consistent formatting for secondary information.

Color Scheme:
Problem: The color scheme is somewhat bland and does not utilize color to its full potential.
Solution: Introduce a more vibrant color palette to highlight key actions and important information. Use contrasting colors to draw attention to primary buttons and calls-to-action.

Inconsistent Styling:
Problem: Some elements of the listings do not have consistent styling, which can make the page look disjointed.
Solution: Ensure that all job listings follow a consistent style guide. Use uniform fonts, colors, and spacing throughout the listings to create a cohesive look.

Interactive Elements:
Problem: Links and buttons within the job listings do not stand out or provide enough interactive feedback.
Solution: Use distinct colors and styles for links and buttons to make them easily identifiable. Implement hover effects and other interactive feedback to improve user interaction.

Readability:
Problem: The text in the job listings can be difficult to read due to small font sizes and insufficient contrast.
Solution: Increase the font size for better readability and ensure there is sufficient contrast between text and background. Use legible fonts that are easy to read at a glance.

Navigation and Filtering:
Problem: While the search and filter options are available, they could be more intuitive and user-friendly.
Solution: Enhance the visibility and functionality of search and filter options. Consider adding more filter criteria and improving the layout of these controls for easier access.

Summary

While the ProZ.com jobs page has a fundamental structure that could be described as straightforward in terms of function, the visual and usability aspects of the job listing layout need significant improvements. By addressing issues related to clutter, information overload, visual hierarchy, styling consistency, interactive elements, and readability, the page can provide a much better user experience.

Henry Dotterer

Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Local time: 09:10
PERSONEL PORTALU
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you for sharing this! Would you be interested in... Jul 17

Hi, Zea!

Thank you for sharing this!

I mentioned this in a reply to your other post, but I wonder if you would be interested in being among the first group of members to see, and possibly try, the next version of the Jobs board? If you think you might be interested, let me know, and I'll reach out to you directly to see if you are available at the time.

Either way, thank you again for your comments! And thank you for your support of the site.

Zea_Mays

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czechy
Local time: 14:10
francuski > angielski
+ ...
My take Jul 17

Cluttered Appearance:
Problem: The layout feels cluttered due to the dense arrangement of job listings and the lack of adequate whitespace.

I think the new interface is insufficiently dense, and the old one is OK.

Information Overload:
Problem: Each job listing contains a lot of information, which can be overwhelming for users to scan quickly.

A lot of information is exactly what I want.

Visual Hierarchy:
Problem: There is a lack of clear visual hierarchy, making it difficult to quickly identify the most important elements of each listing.

For the first-time visitor, maybe. A well-habituated user doesn't really need it.

Color Scheme:
Problem: The color scheme is somewhat bland and does not utilize color to its full potential.
Solution: Introduce a more vibrant color palette to highlight key actions and important information. Use contrasting colors to draw attention to primary buttons and calls-to-action.

(swearwords censored)

Readability:
Problem: The text in the job listings can be difficult to read due to small font sizes and insufficient contrast.

If it were bigger, I'd make it smaller in the browser.

Angie Garbarino

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 08:10
ZAŁOŻYCIEL PORTALU
:) Jul 17

I see what you did there, Zea. Made me smile.

Chris Says Bye
Zea_Mays
texjax DDS PhD
Angie Garbarino

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorzy tego forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ChatGPT: "ProZ.com jobs page needs significant visual and usability improvements" - Do you agree?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »