Autor wątku: Nicholas Stedman
sharon queano
sharon queano  Identity Verified
Kanada
Local time: 23:16
francuski > angielski
+ ...
Wordfast anywhere - shutting off MT Dec 11, 2011

Just tried wordfast anywhere. Have been watching Dominique Pivard's videos and after he explained the ease of use of dead pdfs with wordfast anywhere, i wanted to try it.
everything is going well but i can't seem to turn off the MT from worldlingo. i turned off google MT successfully, but i seem to be getting more MT (world lingo and microsoft translator). any way of turning these off?
thanks,
motw2word

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:16
fiński > francuski
Just untick the relevant checkboxes Dec 12, 2011

mot2word wrote:
Just tried wordfast anywhere. Have been watching Dominique Pivard's videos and after he explained the ease of use of dead pdfs with wordfast anywhere, i wanted to try it.
everything is going well but i can't seem to turn off the MT from worldlingo. i turned off google MT successfully, but i seem to be getting more MT (world lingo and microsoft translator). any way of turning these off?

Have you unticked 'Use MT when no match'? http://screencast.com/t/y5xwcL7z

Have you unticked the relevant checkboxes under 'Details'? http://screencast.com/t/lfN0J0MPtvd

If none of the above mentioned checkboxes are ticked, I fail to see how you could still get MT suggestions.

Anyway, if you only want to use Wordfast Anywhere in order to convert PDF's, you don't need to launch a translation session at all. All you need is a dummy TM in order to give Wordfast Anywhere a clue about the language of your PDF (it will assume it's the source language of your TM).

And as I explained in my previous post on this thread, questions about Wordfast Anywhere are best asked on the dedicated mailing list (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wordfast_Anywhere/ )

Rita Szilagyi
Rita Szilagyi
Wielka Brytania
angielski > węgierski
+ ...
another Anywhere user Dec 12, 2011

I have just caught up on your thread on Wordfast Anywhere. I am also a dedicated user. As a "green eared" novice in the translation business, I had no intention to pay for an expensive device and I found Wordfast Anywhere absolutely by coincidence. And I am really happy. Having completed some projects, though, technical problems start to emerge, so thanks fot the link to the support line.
I am far from being an expert in computers, still one of the first things to upload was a dead PDF - I
... See more
I have just caught up on your thread on Wordfast Anywhere. I am also a dedicated user. As a "green eared" novice in the translation business, I had no intention to pay for an expensive device and I found Wordfast Anywhere absolutely by coincidence. And I am really happy. Having completed some projects, though, technical problems start to emerge, so thanks fot the link to the support line.
I am far from being an expert in computers, still one of the first things to upload was a dead PDF - I do not even understand how, but I managed and it was there, ready to be translated. Easy-peasy to use (after about an hour's training from a friend, and this is the first CAT I have ever seen!) so I'll stay with Wordfast.
Thanks for all the tips I got here!!!
Rita
Collapse

Justin Peterson
Justin Peterson  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
Local time: 05:16
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

hiszpański > angielski
Wordfast Anywhere a godsend if you just need a simple, no-frills CT Jul 18, 2012

I was using Wordfast Classic. I've switched over to Mac and have headaches with Wordfast and with Babylon, but I've been able to survive just fine without either thanks to Wordfast Anywhere, which is a godsend. I do not work on complex projects involving the sharing of TMs, and I'm not interested in the advanced features offered by any CAT tools. I just want a simple program that expedites the process and keeps me from the medieval technique of typing the translation above or below the source t... See more
I was using Wordfast Classic. I've switched over to Mac and have headaches with Wordfast and with Babylon, but I've been able to survive just fine without either thanks to Wordfast Anywhere, which is a godsend. I do not work on complex projects involving the sharing of TMs, and I'm not interested in the advanced features offered by any CAT tools. I just want a simple program that expedites the process and keeps me from the medieval technique of typing the translation above or below the source text. If this is your profile, Wordfast Anywhere is for you. It is fantastic. It never lets me down. Yes, you've got to erase your documents from time to time but, again, who cares? I don't. The whole-phrase translations suggested by World Lingo and Microsoft Translator are at times helpful, and the automatic translation feature speeds things up considerably (and provides a good laugh from time to time). I could not endorse Wordfast Anywhere more enthusiastically. If they charged for it, I'd pay, gladly. Justin Peterson. (Madrid)Collapse

Michele Lemaire
Michele Lemaire  Identity Verified
angielski > francuski
+ ...
Wordfast Anywhere - How to add a glossary when using a TM server Apr 13, 2013

In the WordFast Anywhere configuration of TM and glossaries. when I check
'use a specific TM server' instead of 'Use my TMs and glossaries',
i cannot select a glossary in addition to the TM.
I see in the configuration screen where I can enter URL of the server, my language pair and the workID, a 'use glossary' button, but it is inactive.
What should I do so that button is activated and I can use a specific glossary in addition to the TM that is on a server.

T
... See more
In the WordFast Anywhere configuration of TM and glossaries. when I check
'use a specific TM server' instead of 'Use my TMs and glossaries',
i cannot select a glossary in addition to the TM.
I see in the configuration screen where I can enter URL of the server, my language pair and the workID, a 'use glossary' button, but it is inactive.
What should I do so that button is activated and I can use a specific glossary in addition to the TM that is on a server.

Thank you
Collapse

WandyF
WandyF
USA
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
Wordfast Anywhere using a Mac Oct 8, 2013

Justin Peterson wrote:

I was using Wordfast Classic. I've switched over to Mac and have headaches with Wordfast and with Babylon, but I've been able to survive just fine without either thanks to Wordfast Anywhere, which is a godsend. I do not work on complex projects involving the sharing of TMs, and I'm not interested in the advanced features offered by any CAT tools. I just want a simple program that expedites the process and keeps me from the medieval technique of typing the translation above or below the source text. If this is your profile, Wordfast Anywhere is for you. It is fantastic. It never lets me down. Yes, you've got to erase your documents from time to time but, again, who cares? I don't. The whole-phrase translations suggested by World Lingo and Microsoft Translator are at times helpful, and the automatic translation feature speeds things up considerably (and provides a good laugh from time to time). I could not endorse Wordfast Anywhere more enthusiastically. If they charged for it, I'd pay, gladly. Justin Peterson. (Madrid)

I used to use Wordfast Anywhere on a Windows/Microsoft computer and it worked fine. However, using it with a Mac I am unable to save the translated document in any format Wordfast Anywhere offers! Has anyone else had this issue?

Wandy Figueroa

Dominique Pivard
fiński > francuski
Browser? Oct 11, 2013

WandyF wrote:
I used to use Wordfast Anywhere on a Windows/Microsoft computer and it worked fine. However, using it with a Mac I am unable to save the translated document in any format Wordfast Anywhere offers! Has anyone else had this issue?

Have you tried another browser, eg. Chrome or Firefox instead of Safari (or vice-versa)?

oliver900704
oliver900704
Chiny
Help Apr 29, 2015

In wordfast, when I want to add some terms into glossary, it shows 11 entries. But when I press Ctrl + Alt +G, the screen shows only one entries. Can you please help me? Thank you!

Lucy7786
Lucy7786
Włochy
Wordfast Anywhere data security May 31, 2015

I’m sorry, does anybody know if the software involve any risk about your files? Some people told me that the translation drafts offered by it are made by Google Translator and Google takes your translation to publish it as a new translation idea. Is it true? Are our data protected by any plagiarism online for the security of our client’s documents?

Thank you very much.

Dominique Pivard
fiński > francuski
Privacy/confidentiality: Wordfast Anywhere vs. machine translation Jun 3, 2015

Lucy7786 wrote:
I’m sorry, does anybody know if the software involve any risk about your files? Some people told me that the translation drafts offered by it are made by Google Translator and Google takes your translation to publish it as a new translation idea. Is it true? Are our data protected by any plagiarism online for the security of our client’s documents?

We are talking about two different things here: the confidentiality of your data (documents, TM's, glossaries) in Wordfast Anywhere, which is covered here, and the confidentiality of your documents if you elect to use one of the supported machine translation services Google Translate, Microsoft Translator, Worldlingo).

MT services are operated by third-party companies, not Wordfast. Source segments are always sent to these services (again, if you have elected to enable them. Your translations are not sent to them, so they are not going to be "published as new translation ideas". Microsoft Translator has a special "with feedback" version in which your translations are sent to them: it is supported by some other tools (eg. Memsource, SDL Trados Studio), but not by Wordfast.

Note there's no such thing as "Google Translator": the MT service integrated in CAT tools is called Google Translate. Google also have a tool of its own (similar to Wordfast Anywhere, but a lot more basic) called Google Translator Toolkit.

Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 04:16
angielski > niemiecki
Could you post a link? Jun 3, 2015

I have downloaded Wordfast Anywhere on my computer as so many of you liked it in a previous thread, but I must say, that my favourite and only CAT tool is still Memsource. I find Wordfast less practical and cumbersome, but I just tried to find my way around and I didn't see any instruction videos - maybe it is worth giving it another go?

A link to those videos would be very much appreciated.

Dominique Pivard
fiński > francuski
Anywhere Jun 3, 2015

Gabriele Demuth wrote:
I have downloaded Wordfast Anywhere on my computer

How could you possibly download Wordfast Anywhere, given that it is entirely online-based (unlike Memsource, in which the editor is installed locally)?
Gabriele Demuth wrote:
A link to those videos would be very much appreciated.

I made a video, but it's a bit old (2.5 years):

http://wordfast.fi/blog/cat-tools/2012/12/23/first-steps-with-wordfast-anywhere/

Several things have changed since, for instance the possibility to view the editor in a vertical layout (table).

I'll probably make a new one in the near future (same with Memsource).

Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
Wielka Brytania
angielski > niemiecki
Thank you Dominique! Jun 3, 2015

I am not sure what I did, but I looked at it, played with it and arranged an icon on my bookmarks bar.

I will give it another try!

Thanks!

Claire Opaleye
Claire Opaleye
Wielka Brytania
angielski > francuski
+ ...
Stats and status on WF Anywhere? Jul 17, 2015

I recently started WF Anywhere because one of my clients works exclusively with WF and doesn't want to send downloaded TMs etc that would allow me to work with my own CAT tool (I am fond of MemoQ).

Is there a stats tool on WF Anywhere, i.e to find out how many new words, matches, repetitions the document has?
And is there a tool to identify how far you are in the translation, i.e. what is the % of the document or
... See more
I recently started WF Anywhere because one of my clients works exclusively with WF and doesn't want to send downloaded TMs etc that would allow me to work with my own CAT tool (I am fond of MemoQ).

Is there a stats tool on WF Anywhere, i.e to find out how many new words, matches, repetitions the document has?
And is there a tool to identify how far you are in the translation, i.e. what is the % of the document or number of words you already translated and what's left?

I haven't found this so far and am really missing it to be able to plan my work and monitor my progress...

Thanks!
Collapse

Claire Opaleye
Claire Opaleye
Wielka Brytania
angielski > francuski
+ ...
Stats and status on WF Anywhere? - I found the answer Jul 17, 2015

Please ignore my last post. I did find the answer to my question, I was obviously not looking properly!

Stron w wątku:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »