Autor wątku: Jacek Sierakowski
Jacek Sierakowski
Jacek Sierakowski
Belgia
Local time: 11:26
angielski > francuski
+ ...
Dec 29, 2011

Would someone have tried the automatic translation in Wordfast, with Google (or Microsoft)?
Is it worth the investment?
Thanks.
Jacek

Andrea Croccolo
Andrea Croccolo  Identity Verified
Włochy
rosyjski > włoski
Wordfast with Google Translate Dec 29, 2011

As far as I know lately this function has been disabled since Google rejected to give Wordfast the connection as it worked before.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
Francja
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

francuski > angielski
+ ...
Yes! Dec 29, 2011

It works on my end. Yu have to purchase an API key from Google. Not very expensive.

Good luck,

John Di Rico
Wordfast Trainer
www.apextra.net

Alma de Kok
Alma de Kok  Identity Verified
Holandia
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

polski > niderlandzki
+ ...
Microsoft Dec 29, 2011

Yes, I use it with an API-key from microsoft. It's free!

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
Investment? Dec 30, 2011

What investment are you talking about.

Wordfast is a CAT tool and if the the only reason you are buying it is to use MT then there is no point and no need, as that would be like buying a car to just use the tire jack.

MT from Google can be used for free in Google translate so there is no investment needed.

If you want to use Google MT with Wordfast you will have to get a Google API key and that will cost you (I think its costs $20 per million characters translated).

Andrea Croccolo wrote:
As far as I know lately this function has been disabled since Google rejected to give Wordfast the connection as it worked before.

Google did not stop Wordfast, they stopped everyone that used API v1, Google deprecated V1 of Google translate (which was free) and only left V2 which you have to pay for, to use it you need an API key and each time you use Google MT you have to send that key (so they can charge you), as this was something new from Google, Wordfast Pro (and other CAT tools) where not programmed for it, so they have had to add it to their program, Wordfast Pro added it in their last release version 2.4.4 which was release on Dec 14th

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast and Google

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »