Aelf
Aelf
Polska
Local time: 07:20
angielski > polski
+ ...
Aug 30, 2013

Hi,
Hoping to get rid of some Wordfast issues I've come up with an idea to totally uninstall it before installing a new version. However, I know there are some vital files that are carried over from one installation to another (MT, TM and terminology settings), just don't know which ones.

Can anybody help me with this?

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egipt
Local time: 08:20
angielski > arabski
Export Glosssaries Aug 31, 2013

Dear Aelf,

You just need to export the glossaries.

All what you need is to export your glossary and import it later:

- Terminology (menu) > New/Select Glossary
- Click on "Export" button
- From "Terminology" (dropdown menu), select the glossary you want to export.
- From "Export Type", keep it "Tab Delimited"
- Click on "Browse" to select the location where you want to save your glossary and give it a proper name.
- Save > OK -
... See more
Dear Aelf,

You just need to export the glossaries.

All what you need is to export your glossary and import it later:

- Click on "Export" button
- From "Terminology" (dropdown menu), select the glossary you want to export.
- From "Export Type", keep it "Tab Delimited"
- Click on "Browse" to select the location where you want to save your glossary and give it a proper name.
- Save > OK - An "exported successfully" message should appear.
- Now, you can copy your .txt glossary you have just exported to use again in Wordfast.

To import the glossary to Wordfast Pro,

- Click on "Import" button
- From "File Type", keep it "Tab Delimited"
- Click on "Browse" to select the .txt glossary you want to import; Open.
- If this is the first time you use this glossary, keep the option "Create new glossary" selected. If you want to update a glossary you already selected in WFP, check "Import into existing glossary", select the existing glossary into which you want import the terms of the other glossary, and the way you want WFP to deal with source terms that already exist.
- A message will appear telling you about the number of terms that will be imported. An "imported successfully" message should appear.
- Now, you can use the imported glossary, as usual.

===============

As for the Translation Memory files, you will just need to know where you have saved them so that you can ADD them again in the new installation (Translation Memory menu > New/Select TM > ADD TM > Browse, etc.)

As for your TXML files, they will remain where you have saved them as well.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please feel free to get back to me.

Kind regards,
Yasmin
Collapse

Aelf
Aelf
Polska
Local time: 07:20
angielski > polski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Thanks! Aug 31, 2013

Dear Yasmin,
If only exporting and importing is needed then I'll have no problem with it. Thanks a lot!
Aelf

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:20
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

angielski > rosyjski
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Kill user settings Aug 31, 2013

If you think that your problem can be resolved by clean re-install, make sure to delete your user settings after your export your glossaries/TMs to a safe harbor. Namely, delete .wf_workspace subdirectory (the location depends on your operating system). Otherwise, the problem may be back even after re-install.

[Edited at 2013-08-31 17:45 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reinstalling Wordfast

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »