Autor wątku: Rafa Martinelli
Rafa Martinelli
Rafa Martinelli  Identity Verified
Urugwaj
Local time: 02:26
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
Aug 24, 2014

Hello, I have been translating this article from English to Spanish and have just noticed that I technically translated it from English (United States) to Spanish (International) [en_US-es_XM], while my intention was to work from English (United States) to Spanish [en_US-es].

Wordfast does not allow me to change the language pair after I've started working on it, so the question is now: how do I change the target language?

I am current
... See more
Hello, I have been translating this article from English to Spanish and have just noticed that I technically translated it from English (United States) to Spanish (International) [en_US-es_XM], while my intention was to work from English (United States) to Spanish [en_US-es].

Wordfast does not allow me to change the language pair after I've started working on it, so the question is now: how do I change the target language?

I am currently trying out an idea I got which is to create a [en_US-es] Translation Memory into which I am going to save the Translation Units so that it will save them as Spanish; after doing that I shall open the original file (an html) and will run the [en_US-es] TM on it and (with luck) the new txml will be [en_US-es]. Is there a simpler way of accomplishing this goal?

Thanks.
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egipt
Local time: 08:26
angielski > arabski
Edit the TXML in a text editor: targetlocale Aug 24, 2014

Try to open the TXML file in any text editor and change the "targetlocale" from ES to be ES-XM and save.

This should help.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Rafa Martinelli
Rafa Martinelli  Identity Verified
Urugwaj
Local time: 02:26
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
thanks Aug 24, 2014

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

Try to open the TXML file in any text editor and change the "targetlocale" from ES to be ES-XM and save.

Thank you. I assume you mean the other way around since I want it to be ES, right? So I only need to change it once in the entire xml file?

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egipt
Local time: 08:26
angielski > arabski
Yes, once Aug 24, 2014

rafamartinelli wrote:

So I only need to change it once in the entire xml file?

Yes, once - you should find it in the header.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Modify TXML Language pair after starting translation

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »