URGENT: Mysterious provisional segments and VB errors.
Autor wątku: Amanda Grey
Amanda Grey
Amanda Grey  Identity Verified
Francja
Local time: 17:32
francuski > angielski
Jan 23, 2007

For some unknown reason, my Wordfast (cersion5.15i) refuses to Quick Clean this particular Word document - quoting VB error 5891 - this property is not available for this object...

During a normal clean-up, it says there is a provisional segment still open - there isn't! F10 gives me the same error message, and I have spent all morning ALT +DOWNing through the document for the nth time.

I have checked my macro settings, disabled Norton, restarted, retranslated and am no
... See more
For some unknown reason, my Wordfast (cersion5.15i) refuses to Quick Clean this particular Word document - quoting VB error 5891 - this property is not available for this object...

During a normal clean-up, it says there is a provisional segment still open - there isn't! F10 gives me the same error message, and I have spent all morning ALT +DOWNing through the document for the nth time.

I have checked my macro settings, disabled Norton, restarted, retranslated and am now at a loss. I would be very grateful for any suggestions.
Collapse

David Daduč (X)
David Daduč (X)
Czechy
angielski > czeski
Nuke Wt bookmarks Jan 23, 2007

If a similar emergency occurs (Wordfast won't cleanup a document, saying there's a provisional segment, while it won't find one), a good guess is to go to Insert > Bookmarks menu in Word. The window that appears lists all bookmarks within the document. Select and delete all bookmarks whose name starts Wt... (these are Wordfast bookmarks marking provisional segments). When this is done, it's very likely Wordfast will be ready to cleanup the doc. Good luck!

Miranda Joubioux (X)
Miranda Joubioux (X)  Identity Verified
francuski > angielski
Try updating Jan 23, 2007

Hi Amanda,
Did you try to update to the current public version? This sounds like a problem I had a while back which was cleared when I updated.

Yuri Smirnov
Yuri Smirnov  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:32
angielski > białoruski
+ ...
Doesn't help Oct 2, 2008

David Daduc wrote:

Select and delete all bookmarks whose name starts Wt... (these are Wordfast bookmarks marking provisional segments). When this is done, it's very likely Wordfast will be ready to cleanup the doc. Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT: Mysterious provisional segments and VB errors.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »