Autor wątku: Kim Metzger
Andreas Robo (X)
Andreas Robo (X)
Local time: 11:07
angielski > duński
+ ...
overwriting tm when cleaning up Apr 18, 2011

Hola,

my wordfast pro does not overwrite changed segments in the TM when i clean a txml document, instead it adds the changed segments to the tm, so there are two different entries...why does it not overwrite and how can i fix this?

Thanks
Anand

Kornelia Longoria
Kornelia Longoria  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 22:07
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

angielski > polski
+ ...
Another little problem Apr 22, 2011

I recently started using Wordfast Pro and like it so far. I have encountered one feature I'm not sure how to use. It's probably very simple but I just don't seem to get it right. When you type a beginning of a word, there is a little window that pops up that gives you a suggestion of what the word may be that you are looking for. This is very useful with names for example- you don't have to type the name again and again if it's the same as in the source document. So my problem is- how do I actua... See more
I recently started using Wordfast Pro and like it so far. I have encountered one feature I'm not sure how to use. It's probably very simple but I just don't seem to get it right. When you type a beginning of a word, there is a little window that pops up that gives you a suggestion of what the word may be that you are looking for. This is very useful with names for example- you don't have to type the name again and again if it's the same as in the source document. So my problem is- how do I actually use it? I tried tab, enter and it did not work. Do I need to change some settings in my preferences?

Thank you

[Edited at 2011-04-22 15:03 GMT]
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:07
fiński > francuski
Just press Enter to accept autocomplete suggestions Apr 22, 2011

Kornelia Longoria wrote:
When you type a beginning of a word, there is a little window that pops up that gives you a suggestion of what the word may be that you are looking for. This is very useful with names for example- you don't have to type the name again and again if it's the same as in the source code. So my problem is- how do I actually use it? I tried tab, enter and it did not work. Do I need to change some settings in my preferences?

The feature is called Autocomplete. It's enabled by default, but people who don't like it (believe it or not, there are such people!) can disable it via Edit > Preferences > Translations > Active Autocomplete

To accept an Autocomplete suggestion, just press Enter. To reject it, continue typing and the little box will disappear. If the box contains several suggestions, use the down arrow to pick up the one you want and press Enter.

Kornelia Longoria
USA
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

angielski > polski
+ ...
Enter does not work Apr 22, 2011

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Kornelia Longoria wrote:
When you type a beginning of a word, there is a little window that pops up that gives you a suggestion of what the word may be that you are looking for. This is very useful with names for example- you don't have to type the name again and again if it's the same as in the source code. So my problem is- how do I actually use it? I tried tab, enter and it did not work. Do I need to change some settings in my preferences?

The feature is called Autocomplete. It's enabled by default, but people who don't like it (believe it or not, there are such people!) can disable it via Edit > Preferences > Translations > Active Autocomplete

To accept an Autocomplete suggestion, just press Enter. To reject it, continue typing and the little box will disappear. If the box contains several suggestions, use the down arrow to pick up the one you want and press Enter.

I wonder if I unbound some kind of commands when I was trying to make sure my Polish alphabet works...

Dominique Pivard
fiński > francuski
Enter should work Apr 23, 2011

Kornelia Longoria wrote:
I wonder if I unbound some kind of commands when I was trying to make sure my Polish alphabet works...

Do you use a keyboard utility in order to have your Polish characters?

Kornelia Longoria
USA
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

angielski > polski
+ ...
Keybord utility Apr 25, 2011

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Do you use a keyboard utility in order to have your Polish characters?

Really not sure... I just started using Wordfast Pro about 3 weeks ago and my Polish characters did not work in it originally, so I had to undbind some commands that were associated with keys ALT + the given letter. I'm not sure if did something to unbind more commands than necessary.

Willnixe
Willnixe
Local time: 05:07
niemiecki
Same problem Jan 4, 2012

Dear Anand

Have you found a solution to the problem in the meantime? I have the same problem but with Wordfast Classic. I would be grateful for some hints as to the settings in the viscerals of that programme...

Thanks a lot in advance.

Willnixe

Andreas Roboz wrote:

Hola,

my wordfast pro does not overwrite changed segments in the TM when i clean a txml document, instead it adds the changed segments to the tm, so there are two different entries...why does it not overwrite and how can i fix this?

Thanks
Anand

Tigerlilygurlie
Tigerlilygurlie  Identity Verified
Kanada
Local time: 23:07
HELP! Linking bilingual reference files to source document? Jan 7, 2012

I downloaded the free demo version of WordFast today to practice over the weekend. I've glanced through some manuals over the Web but I still don't understand the most basic principle:

If my client sends me pdf files to translate and also sends me txml files (containing already translated segments / recuperation), how do I link the two together so that the translated segments propagate into the pdf segments?

I understand how to translate segments but a lot of the work
... See more
I downloaded the free demo version of WordFast today to practice over the weekend. I've glanced through some manuals over the Web but I still don't understand the most basic principle:

If my client sends me pdf files to translate and also sends me txml files (containing already translated segments / recuperation), how do I link the two together so that the translated segments propagate into the pdf segments?

I understand how to translate segments but a lot of the work is already translated and I will not be paid for the recuperation, so it's important that I know how to propagate them,

PLEASE, I'M DESPERATE! i HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THIS BY MONDAY!

I'm hoping a kind soul will answer me...
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
fiński > francuski
Your client doesn't expect a translated PDF Jan 7, 2012

Tigerlilygurlie wrote:

If your client sent you both a PDF and a TXML from that PDF, he most likely does not expect a translated PDF back. The PDF was given to you for your convenience (so you can have a look at the context etc.), but all you are expected to deliver is a translated (bilingual) TXML.

Stron w wątku:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast for dummies

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »